Thursday, November 03, 2005

News from Gordon


Hi All

Just a short note to say I have had my second shoulder op last week, and the doc says it was successful, just the recovery process now, so hope to be paddling early January if all goes well, and then be back in action for the 2006 season.

Attached is a pic of a secret surf wave (maybe not) I found on the Goyt near the Roman Lakes. A few days before I took this pic, the river was much higher and the wave was about 3+ feet high all the way across the river, it looked like it could be fun to surf. There is also another similar wave
30 m down stream. Check it out when we next have a good down pour.Hopefully I will be on it before the winter ends.

Dylan is settled at Nottingham Uni and has joined the Notts canoe club and is back into training for marathons and playboating.

Speak Soon
Gordon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I recognise this wave!
Paul, Nick and myself paddled the Goyt last weekend, starting from Roman Lakes - this was the first time I have paddled the section above Brabyn's Park. I think the level was about the same as in your photo. There are lots of interesting spots - definitely recommended!